Content: Skippers of the Northeast - Identification
- Many butterfly enthusiasts are stymied by the skippers. Most skippers, however, are readily identifiable in the field with the aid of close focusing binoculars. This online video guide presents the skippers as you will see them in their natural habitats. The narration describes characteristic features of each skipper that distinguish one species from another.
- Video: skipper group videos with narration and ambient sound. Similar looking skippers as well as species that regularly fly together in the same habitat are placed together to facilitate comparison.
- Video Details: content and highlights of individual videos
- Usage: permissions and licenses
- Species Index & Links: links to skipper video groups including notes on the defining characteristics of each group
- Data: species (alphabetical by common name) list with dates and location of video acquisition
- References: although there is no field guide dedicated solely to northeastern skippers there are numerous guides that include these species as well as other useful references both in print and online